Monday, August 10, 2009

Alone

It may look to most as if I'm alone, but I'm not. God is with me everywhere I go. It may seem as if others are lucky for having someone in their lives, but really I am the one who has been blessed. How do I know you ask? God told me so himself. He has filled a space within me that can contain all he has to sow into me and at the same time be so filled that his essence overflows out of me.

At this time in my life God wants me all to himself. He has set me aside for his purpose. He is doing a work in me, around me, for me, for his chosen time. Do I see clearly my final destination? Not at this time, but I know I am headed someplace I could not get to if I were not... alone.

I use to look at alone differently. Alone was a lonely word. It was a place where only I existed. It was a destination I never wanted to visit. It was a time spent on wishes. Wishes that didn't involve being alone.

Next time you find yourself in that place, being alone, consider that it may just be a state of mind. This place of aloneness may be the greatest place you will ever be in your lifetime. The possibilities are endless when you are alone. Sometimes God needs to remove us from the people and places that are holding us back, influencing our destiny, blocking our divine purpose, diluting the wonderful power that he has put in us.

Next time you feel you are alone, embrace it. There may never be a more wonderful time in your life. Allow God to nurture the spirit he created you to be. Rely solely on him to complete you. Grow into him and allow him to grow into you. You will find that you were never more not alone as when you are alone with him.

Ecc 6:10

Jeremiah 29:11

Duet 8:3

1 Peter 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment